We all know smoking is very harmful to our health but giving up can be hard. But you can stop smoking with Kyle Square Pharmacy’s Smoking Cessation Service in Rutherglen. Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard. That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
– Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
Our pharmacists are accredited Stop Smoking advisors and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate nicotine replacement products from the pharmacy. The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, nasal sprays and inhalators to help relieve the craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping smoking. We can tailor a service for you over a twelve-week period to support your needs. We have had many successful patients who have stuck with this plan.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health. Kyle Square Pharmacy is here to help you quit smoking for good.